Specialized Lab Testing
Through arrangements with carefully vetted partners, we offer specialized testing, including:
- Food Allergy Testing
- This is a comprehensive analysis of the foods to which you may have developed an allergy.
- People who benefit most from this testing experience nausea and bloating after eating certain foods.
- Commonly, these people have frequent diarrhea that is fatty and foul-smelling.
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis
- This analysis of fecal matter will help to determine whether a person is not digesting certain food stuffs.
- If so, we can treat with a specific type of probiotic or digestive enzyme.
- Nutrient Analysis
- People may become deficient in specific nutrients due to chronic illness, severe dieting, or other conditions.
- Deficiency of some nutrients can be debilitating:
- Iron deficiency causes anemia
- Folate deficiency causes birth defects
- B12 deficiency causes fatigue
- Vitamin D deficiency causes:
- Chronic or repetitive infectious diseases;
- Has been linked to Multiple Sclerosis
- Salivary Hormone Testing
- Hormones are chemical signaling agents in the body
- Deficiencies or excesses can have debilitating effects, such as:
- Low Testosterone - loss of libido and energy
- High Estradiol - increased risk of breast cancer
- High Cortisol - your stress hormone; responsible for weight gain
In Office Testing
We complete most common in-office lab testing, such as:
- Urine Pregnancy
- Fecal Occult Blood
As a component of our Women's Health program, we are able to collect specimens for PAP and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) during your exam. These are sent to a lab for analysis.
Commercial Laboratory Tests
We frequently write orders for a wide variety of lab tests and imaging. Here are just a few:
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Checks the status of many blood markers
- Complete Blood Count
- Used to check for conditions such as infection and anemia
- TSH and Free/Total Thyroxin
- This is an evaluation of thyroid gland function
You are welcome to have these tests completed at any approved laboratory, with our written order, such as;
- Sonora Quest
- Any Lab Test Now
- Low Cost Labs
We also make recommendations for medical imaging, including:
- Best for an initial evaluation of possible bone fractures
- CT Scan
- Provides a more detailed view of many structures
- Required when both bony and soft structures are damaged
- Useful for evaluation of "hollow" organs, such as the gall bladder, uterus, or ovaries
- DEXA Scan
- A check of bone density when evaluating possible osteoporosis.